It's easy to see why the German Grammar (Quickstudy: Academic) is the "World's #1 Academic Outline," as it is a very good resource for German learners.
Here is what I think after my first few months of working with this guide, a few Vorteile (advantages) and Nachteile (disadvantages).
- The "Nouns" section gives guidelines for the groupings of nouns by suffix, topic (seasons, months, days of the week, etc.)
- The clear layout makes each section easy to read and for their length, each section is surprisingly in-depth. I find this a sign of quality. Descriptions are concise and effective.
- It's 4 full pages of help in understanding German grammar, laminated and pre-hole-punched for a 3-ring binder. It will last!
- While all the information is there, it could be even better if the section "Declension of Adjectives" used only one row (not two) for each case. It's a bit hard to read, but it is a small font size.
- The pronunciation description, especially of the umlaut letters ä, ö, and ü, seems more confusing than anything, perhaps because I prefer to use the International Phonetic Alphabet.
This is a great resource for German learners and well worth the price. It's a helpful guide in addition to your books and audio CDs, especially since it serves as a quick reference and at 4 pages, it really gives you a lot of information for a low price.
I'll give it 4/5 stars.
Do you have this guide? What do you think, is it a good resource? Let me know in the comments below!